This fast growing freight and logistics group seeks to appoint an ambitious Branch Manager within it’s strategic freight forwarding Midlands operation.
A well established branch providing a mixture of European road freight, sea freight, air freight and customs services, there is great potential for a competent Branch Manager to further grow and develop the region.
- Responsible for maintaining, developing and progressing the Birmingham branch
- Utilise a highly dynamic and active commercial approach to maintain and develop a fully operational and profitable office, securing new business and establishing a strong presence in the region
- Promote the range of freight forwarding services in the region with full support from other offices within the Group
- Manage daily branch operations, oversee financial reporting, seek to grow branch revenue
- Recruitment, development and training of staff, including performance evaluations to develop all employees within the branch
- Drive strong employee engagement, measured through annual employee survey
- Control and improve service quality
- Ensure good liaison between sales and operational departments at all levels
- Prepare performance reports and analysis including profit and loss of the department
- Drive strong relationships with the Group in all areas ensuring there is strong communication through to the Branch
- Have an appropriate knowledge of import and export customs procedures
- Work closely with the sales and customers service teams to develop potential business and devise strategic approaches to the market
- Visit existing clients to ensure the customer is receiving adequate customer service and to explore other opportunities
- Extensive freight forwarding experience, qualification in logistics, international transport and/or freight forwarding would be an advantage
- Ability to lead and motivate an engaged team, underpinned with strong communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Self-Motivated / Strong team ethic
- Pro-active and dynamic management approach
- Good evaluating skills, fast decision maker
- Ability to motivate and support a remote working team.
Should you meet the above criteria and feel that you are a suitable candidate, please do not hesitate to apply.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Supply Chain & Logistics, Freight Forwarding and the wider Global Transportation markets. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals working in Freight Forwarding, Freight Management, Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Supply Chain Management and International Logistics,