This large global multimodal freight forwarding, supply chain and logistics group provides technology driven solutions to many of the worlds leading brands. As the company experiences accelerated growth around the world, there is an exciting opportunity to be part of this journey as a Global Tender Manager.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing high quality tender processes within the global forwarding or supply chain management sector. You will be responsible for managing, directing and monitoring the overall performance of the tender process to obtain maximum efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the global organisation.
- Ensure effective and efficient planning and governance of the tender management process
- Act as the subject matter expert and “go-to” person for the sales and product community and other stakeholders within the organization for the Global Tender management processes and knowledge
- Coordination of tender reviews and deadlines, adjust them to the frameworks given by the customers and ensure that internal stakeholders are clear of their contribution and associated timeline
- Manage multiple bids at any one time including complex and high value tenders
- Lead conference calls and meetings with project / presales leads and any other stakeholder for complex, high profile bids
- Propose solutions and recommendations when escalating operational or commercial questions
- Facilitate key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance / and sign-off with applicable parties
- Review the commercial aspects of the bid, understanding the internal cost to serve and profitability, and ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Draft / re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, development / product teams and support functions such as finance and HR
- Management of Tender Support Analysts
- Developing plans for streamlining tender processes
- Degree level (preferable)
- Proven experience in similar role
- Proven IT Skills – Proficient in PowerPoint & Excel
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills with the ability to influence others through the results of data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to operate effectively in a rapidly growing and dynamic changing environment.
- Experience of developing winning proposals in a variety of formats and create customised, profitable pricing structures in response to the customer’s requirements
- Demonstrates a strong sense of commercial acumen through knowledge of industry best practice
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services