This exciting opportunity with a leading supply chain and freight management business can be based anywhere in the UK with regular travel.
£80,000 – 90,000 (inc. car allowance) + £15,000 bonus potential + additional benefits.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience operating at at a strategic level with a solutions focussed, international supply chain management provider. Strong commercial acumen is essential to include the development of financials for strategic customers (P&L, ebit). You will require solid leadership skills and have a proven ability to both manage and develop a team, plus be confident in managing relationships and presenting to C-level customer executives.
You will be accountable for overall commercial and operational performance for the entire supply chain, across various strategic customers. This will be achieved through proactive and successful leadership, driving business growth and enhancing the customer experience. The primary function of the role is to retain and accelerate the growth of strategic customers.
- Own the P&L, commercial relationship and development strategy for a number of strategic supply chain customers
- Manage assigned accounts, pro-actively delivering revenue growth and customer satisfaction
- Establish excellent working relationships with key customer decision-makers
- Lead and inspire a team to be accountable through coaching, training, motivating, as well as successfully selecting and integrating talent into the organisation
- Understand customer requirements in each market, channel and country and set the direction of the supply chain organisation to effectively deliver value
- Develop KPIs to drive service improvements, cost reductions, agility and quality improvements
- Create and maintain key account plans that deliver growth and increased customer satisfaction
- Assist customer with business case formulation, put together business reviews for internal sign off, negotiate pricing & terms with the customer
- Deliver above budget performance on all revenue and profitability targets for assigned customers through proactive management of costs and additional business opportunities.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities through process enhancement, documentation and post-implementation review processes
- Support in the creation and delivery of the supply chain strategy
- Degree level (preferred)
- Proven experience in a senior key account function with a supply chain management service provider
- Proven experience in building, managing and motivating a diverse team
- Experience of developing winning proposals in a variety of formats and create customised, profitable pricing structures in response to the customer’s requirements.
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills with the ability to influence others through the results of data analysis and interpretation
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of supply chain and freight forwarding products and services.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level
- Proven IT Skills – Proficient in PowerPoint & Excel
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 14 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.