Mode 3 Executive Search has a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful global freight forwarder. The company has an excellent presence within the industry and are very well known for their Air and Ocean freight services, along with their truly global capability.
The company have gone from strength to strength in recent years and now require an experienced business development manager. You will undertake the responsibility of promoting the company’s full range of FCL, LCL, Import and Export, air and ocean freight services.
This company has fantastic service levels, extremely competitive rates and an excellent reputation within the industry. They are heavily involved in a number of different markets but have a particular strength in the Far East, Middle East and Indian sub continent.
Daily Duties will include:
- Managing sales activity from start to finish
- Researching/ sourcing new clients
- Approaching perspective clients in order to establish their Air/ Ocean freight requirements
- Liaising with operational departments and other areas of the business
- Arrange/ attend customer visits
- Promote the range of services offered by the company
- Keep in regular contact with your clients
- Research potential business opportunities throughout the Midlands area
- Achieve KPI’s set out by the sales director
- Attend performance reviews with senior management and directors of the business
- Previous experience of selling Air/ Ocean freight services
- You will have been previously employed by a freight forwarder and will have worked in a similar type of role
- A proven track record of sales success
- The ability to meet/ exceed targets
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of the freight forwarding sector
- An understanding of import/ export procedures
- You will be a highly motivated self-starter with good communication skills across all levels
- Target driven with the desire to succeed
- Able to manage your own diary efficiently
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Supply Chain & Logistics (SCM), Freight Forwarding, Shipping and the wider Global Transportation markets. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals working in Freight Forwarding, Freight Management, Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, International Logistics, Shipping, International Removals and International Relocation Management.