Specialist sectors: European Road Freight / Full Loads / Part Loads / Groupage / European Import / European Export / Flat Bed / Trailer Freight / Hauliers / Out of Gauge Shipments / Project Shipments / Express Transport / Automotive / Oil & Gas
Salary: circa £35,000 (negotiable) + car + excellent uncapped commission scheme.
This family owned freight, logistics & transport business has a rich history spanning over 100 years. The European Road Freight division is currently enjoying a sustained period of growth. This has resulted in the opportunity for an Experienced Business Development Manager to join the company and continue its successful trajectory.
If you have a proven commercial track record in the European Road Freight sector and would like to work in an autonomous, non corporate environment, this could be the company for you. The company delivers on its commitments to employees and rewards both loyalty and achievement.
- Developing new business by approaching and meeting with new and existing customers
- Understanding customer logistics requirements and selling the full suite of international road freight services (full loads / part loads / groupage / flat beds / project work / express shipments / vans etc.)
- Approx. 3 days per week visiting customers, 2 days per week office based handling quotations, telesales, admin and coordinating with operations team
- Seek to uncover profitable business and develop long term customer relationships
- Work closely with Operations to ensure client expectations are met at all times
- Previous sales experience
- Solid background in the European Road Freight sector
- Good knowledge of potential customer base in the North / North West
- Own contacts with international hauliers (desirable)