Mode 3 are exclusively retained by a growth orientated multimodal freight management & logistics group to lead the search for a new CEO.
Providing multimodal freight management and logistics solutions from sites across the UK and internationally, the group has a strong financial position and is continuing its exciting journey of growth and transformation.
Please note that candidates require a demonstrable track record in executive leadership, PL ownership and strategy development with medium to large freight forwarding / logistics businesses (min £200m turnover). C-suite experience is preferable however an MD, VP or global function background with corporate MNC forwarders / logistics providers will also be considered.
For a confidential discussion please enquire to firstname.lastname@example.org
As CEO you will ensure the group meets its financial goals, develop a company culture that meets the needs of all stakeholders, be a focal point for existing and potential investors whilst collaborating through positive engagement with the Board.
The position requires an individual experienced in developing a company vision, corporate strategy, and successfully delivering business transformation and large integration projects.
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Achievement of the company’s financial goals and metrics
- Development of a high-performance management team that demonstrates excellent teamwork and collaboration and meets the highest standards of work ethic and integrity
- Top to top engagement with clients in support of the company’s key account management planning
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement across all business units and operations
- Oversee all business units and operations to ensure that they are aligned with company strategy. Driving customer focussed, agile business units which are adaptable to environmental and macro-global change
- Development of a successful Merger & Acquisition strategy incorporating…targeting, negotiation, integration planning and execution
- The development and promotion of company values that employees appreciate, support and also promote in their day to day jobs
- Create and communicate an inspiring vision for the company
- Build an excellent Executive management team, that demonstrate great teamwork and performance
- Lead the business through the senior management team to create and implement strategic plans and ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Enforce company compliance with legal and ethical standards and practices to ensure that the company is achieving the highest levels of compliance within the logistics industry
- Creation and implementation of a highly effective Sales & Marketing function that exceeds the industry benchmark for profitable, organic growth
- Work closely with the HR function to promote a culture of learning and development across the group
- Through the Executive management team and product heads, ensure that the company’s products and services are of the highest quality and differentiated from the competition
- Consult with investors and outside entities to decide which direction the company should go
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
Knowledge and skills
- Over 10 years’ experience within a medium to large freight / logistics business
- Previous C-suite experience or MD, VP or global function background with corporate MNC forwarders / logistics providers
- Extensive experience in the UK and European freight and logistics markets
- Proven experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing a leadership vision
- Strong understanding of the logistics and freight forwarding industry, products and services
- Leadership experience in effecting complex organisational change management e.g. ERP implementation, M&A integrations, large organisation wide restructuring etc.
- Deep understanding of leading management teams across all organisation functions
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- MSC/MA in business administration or relevant field