Mode 3 are exclusively retained by a fast growing international freight management group, to lead the search for a new CFO. The position offers a highly competitive salary + substantial bonus + LTIP.
Providing multimodal supply chain / logistics and transport support solutions from sites across the UK and Europe, the group has a strong financial position and a diverse portfolio of products and customers. Strategic investment has led to sustained growth in recent years, and there is a clear vision for substantial further expansion planned over the next 5 years with a healthy pipeline of acquisition opportunities.
The successful candidate will have worked in a senior finance function a with a medium to large logistics / freight forwarding business.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedure
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organisation
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organisation with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyse internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Manage the IT team, ensuring alignment to the group wide strategy, supporting exceptional service delivery.
- Support the M&A strategy from a finance perspective, supporting sustainable growth
Knowledge and skills
- Master’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- Experience leading a finance function for medium – large freight forwarding or logistics business
- 5+ years experience in executive leadership positions
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Plc experience (advantageous)