This long established and fast growing forwarding business provides a wide range of freight and logistics services, with particular strength in the European transport sector. There now exists an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled Customs Manager, to assist with the management of custom and corporate compliance across the entire freight forwarding division. You will ensure that all processes are correctly adhered to in order to deliver the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction.
£50,000 – £70,000 + bonus
- Manage both customs and trade compliance across the company, ensuring that all UK regulations are understood and adhered to.
- Offer assistance to customers to determining Customs classifications and regulatory requirements (licenses, certificates, etc.)
- Ensure the highest compliance levels for all customs and government agency requirements across all staff and teams.
- Oversee entry auditing and reporting results and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that company’s controls, policies, procedures, processes and applications are all understood by the team and implemented accordingly.
- Ensure that all internal audits are being completed and actioned as per client requirements.
- Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing customs & trade compliance policies, this will involve attending seminars and conferences.
- Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so.
- Ensure all customer authorisations are valid and kept up to date.(various badges via Destin8 & CNS)
- Manage the company’s interface using customs authorities.
- Assist in the implementation and control of new legislations, which will be issued from HMRC.
- Training of staff to ensure they have the tools and knowledge to complete job tasks.
- NCTS control of guarantee’s.
- Ensure that any import VAT/Duty paid again our DAN are invoiced and collected.
- Excellent understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations
- Strong knowledge of both Export & Import customs clearance procedures using relevant software.
- Managing & controlling issuing of T1 documents
- Previous exposure to the development of business policies and process governance within an international business
- An excellent knowledge of export and import controls is essential for this role.
- AEO application experience would be beneficial for this role.
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 14 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.