This hugely successful freight forwarding and logistics group has offices throughout the UK and Europe, and is well positioned for further expansion. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join an ambitious and fast growing company, with the potential for long term progression. Experience in the freight or logistics industry would prove beneficial but is not essential.
£65 – 70k + bonus + car + benefits.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Ownership of freight forwarding ledgers
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Work with local business leads to ensure delivery of KPI’s / targets
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Act as key liaison between the business and finance shared service team
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the UKFD/Group FC with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the UKFD/Group FC in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Management experience
- SAGE 200 knowledge preferable;
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 14 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.