Mode 3 are partnered with an award winning freight management business, to appoint a new Head of Key Accounts.
Responsible for the Overall KAM strategy you will also manage the client relationship for the top 30 sea freight, air freight and supply chain customers. Your role will be to retain and grow these customers by engaging and supporting them with digital supply chain products. As strategic partner and advisor to the client, you will discover new opportunities to work together for mutual benefits.
The role is best suited to an experienced KAM that is used to working with multiple SME size customers.
- Leading strategic account planning processes and develop performance objectives, sales targets,
and critical milestones for weekly/monthly/annual periods
- Leading on QBRs for the top 30 customers company wide
- Relationship building with ocean freight and air freight clients, mostly shipping direct FCL / LCL from Far East / Indian Sub-Continent to the UK
- Devising strategies for driving sales growth across existing accounts
- Analysing approaches to the development of existing clients and making changes where appropriate
- Work with operations, sales and systems development teams
- Working closely with individuals in other department to provide strategic input in growing their accounts
Implementing new business initiative across the key account management function
- Negotiating additional sales contracts with existing customers and ensuring their profitability
- Conduct strategic account reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services
- Deliver ongoing market analysis, market intelligence and competition assessment
- Advising senior management on the progress of accounts, monitoring budgets and profits
- Responsibility over growth targets for key accounts
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts by up-selling and cross-selling
Accountable for client relationship management
- A strong background in freight forwarding, particularly ocean import knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to to achieve high client retention whilst achieving growth targets.
- Experience managing key customer relationships
- Excellent Tech skills in order to confidently promote digital supply chain management solutions
- Strong negotiation skills with excellent presentation skills
- A solid understanding of customer supply chains and KPIs is desirable
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to conduct client data review and communicate to the customer the value
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with the ability to plan long term business growth with top clients
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 14 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.