This large global freight, supply chain and logistics group seeks to appoint an experienced Key Account Manager.
£38 – £40k + car + bonus. Hybrid WFH available.
The ideal candidate will be experienced working with retail customers, delivering freight management & procurement services, vendor management, and supply chain process / network optimisation.
There will lots of scope for career progression with clear pathways to develop, both within the supply chain division or other business units.
- You will build, manage and develop relationship with customers
- Develop a deep understanding of client’s business and supply chain requirements
- Own and develop account management plans
- Collaborate with the client to improve service levels, reduce cost and add value in the supply chain
- Drive specific initiatives and ensure value generated is identified and tracked
- Lead and take ownership of monthly operations meetings, quarterly business reviews and other developmental meetings
- Uncover and develop opportunities to add new business to the group, coordinating across the group on live opportunities
- Take ownership of the customer profit & loss statement, all contracts (Supply Chain Management & Freight), and the commercial relationship
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place to cover all aspects of the operation, all products and geographies
- Act as the escalation point on operational issues
- Be the company ambassador for the client internally
- Ensure customer is correctly billed and pay on time
- Provide guidance and support to the team, completing monthly 121s with direct reports
- Previous experience working for supply chain management business or freight forwarder
- Experience in a similar role managing customer accounts
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Ability to build good working relationships with work colleagues and customers
- Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Able to handle difficult situations
- Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel
- Looking for a future career and progression within a growing company
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 14 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.