This award winning international logistics business has invested heavily in technology in order to deliver best in class freight management and supply chain solutions to its clients.
£55 – 65k + car allowance + benefits
As part of their continued growth there is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Import Manager / head of Imports, responsible for the management and performance of the Import Ocean Freight team. The role will focus on the delivery of operational excellence, streamlined process improvement and improved technology solutions. As such the successful candidate will have a leadership background in the freight forwarding industry, and experience in driving innovative cloud based digital freight solutions.
- Delivering the Import operations and financial performance, working with Finance Director to prepare budget and business plans
- Drive continuous improvements to day-to-day operations, and identify opportunities to provide best in class supply chain management solutions to clients
- Ensure the appropriate department structure and staffing to support the performance delivery
- Be a great people leader: build strong relationships and team, hire great people, commit to the growth of individuals on team and lead by example
- Regular appraisal meetings setting objectives in line with the Company’s goals and to provide succession management
- Review and appraise all suppliers, and ensure all suppliers pro-actively managed with agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Act as an escalation points for critical issues and customer service complaints
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Development and strengthening of existing Agency Network
- Identification and implementation of new activities / business sectors / routings / trading partnerships to support the growth in profitable operations
- Development and promotion of technology driven solutions
- Growth of revenue and margins of existing activities on an annual basis
- Demonstrable experience of delivering growth and performance in general management of a freight forwarding and / or supply chain business with freight activities
- Experience in managing large multidisciplinary teams based across multiple geographic locations.
Experience in business development, business reorganisation and resource management & development
- Previous Cargowise experience
- Experience in managing large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in business development, business reorganisation and resource management & development
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 14 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.