Exciting opportunity to join a full supply chain services business at an exciting and transformational time. The company provides Inbound shipping, customs bonded warehousing, storage, high volume order processing, B2B / B2C fulfilment, pre-retail services and freight management to end-customer deliveries across the UK, Eire and Continental Europe.
- Location: remote with travel (ideally based anywhere from Midlands to South Coast)
- Package: Up to £145,000 OTE
- Base salary: £60 – 65,000 (neg) + car + revenue based commission
With a network-wide remit, you will use your industry knowledge, 3PL and FMCG contacts along with the existing CRM to identity sales leads and ultimately convert these into profitable new business. The focus will be to identify customers with port-centric contract logistics, storage, B2B distribution and ecom requirements, with the ability to upsell everything from freight forwarding to fulfilment.
- Increase profitable Sales, generated from two main streams i.e. Organic Growth from existing Clients and New Contract logistics business
- Win new Contract logistics business utilising known 3PL contracts / FMCG Targets
- Hunting new Sales Leads with marketing and CRM support
- Developing Leads into Sales-Pipeline Prospects
- Negotiating acceptable terms, within agreed business guidelines.
- Converting Pipeline Prospects into profitable Clients, secured by SLA’s
- Forging trusted relationships, passed to Client Services team to nurture and develop profitable Organic Growth
- Track record in successful business development, within the field of UK contract logistics / FMCG and retail supply chain
- A proven track record of 3PL sales success and an established networking capability
- Thorough understanding of the 3PL tender process specifically in FMCG sectors
- Clear commercial acumen, numeracy, and IT compatibility
- A high level of commercial awareness with proven sales and/or marketing experience an advantage
- Demonstrable BDM leadership and FMCG strategy for development to involve both UK and Continental European experience and scalability
- Evident written and verbal communication skills, necessary for senior level interaction, internally and externally
- Ability to listen, analyse, think, and consult to ensure logistics proposals made, are practicable, profitable and mutually beneficial
- The personality, gravitas and persuasive ability to influence decision making
- Comfortable working with colleagues in groups and hosting visitors to sites.