Exciting opportunity with a hugely successful and profitable multi-branch mid-size freight forwarding business. The company enjoys an outstanding reputation for service delivery among its customers, and unrivalled employee retention from its established branch teams.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and winning new business for our client’s Felixstowe branch. Your primary focus will be on import and export Ocean Freight, handling both full container loads and part loads.
In additional to established BDM’s, the company will also consider senior import / export operators seeking to move into a sales position, who control their own business that could be built upon with new business.
- Proactively seek and develop new business opportunities in the Ocean Freight sector
- Present compelling proposals to potential clients and close deals
- Collaborate with the Branch Manager and Commercial team to ensure seamless operations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and market developments
- Proven experience in external sales and business development
- Strong knowledge of Ocean Freight operations, including FCL and LCL
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on exceeding targets
- Portable portfolio of business (preferred)
- Competitive salary of £40,000-£50,000 for suitable candidates
- Bonus scheme based on the gross profit of new business
- Company car or car allowance for business use
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- 22 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Death in service policy protection
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable organization and make a significant impact on its growth and success. If you are a motivated and target-driven individual with a passion for sales, we would love to hear from you.