Highly established freight forwarding business seeks an experienced European Road Freight Import Operator to join it’s busy Midlands operation. Joining a highly experienced team the successful applicant will receive ample opportunities for future career progression at an exciting time of expansion for the company.
Handling imports mainly from Italy, you will arrange and monitor shipments from start to finish.
- Coordinating road services including Groupage, Part Truck Load, Full Truck Load and dedicated transport
- Receive orders and book into system
- Communicate with overseas agents
- Process and follow up quotes
- Maintain and build relationships with customers
- Negotiate rates with hauliers
- Handle all files and documentation with great attention to detail, whilst maximising each opportunity
- Costing and invoicing each file following arrivals
- Liaise with partners, suppliers and colleagues to deliver highest level of customer care
- Previous experience in European Road Freight Imports including Groupage
- Previous experience handling Italian Import shipments (highly desirable)
- Italian language skills (advantageous)
- Good geographical knowledge of Italy (advantageous)
- Strong commercial awareness